Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Poppies ~ Pansies & Patina

The shy sun just popped out from behind rain~filled clouds to shine warm and welcome rays and I thought I would pop out as well to say Happy Wednesday and Merry Spring to you.

I took a well deserved break when the sun came out and snapped a few shots of what is keeping me busy and happy on this fine and  stormy Spring afternoon.

Planted some yellow pansies...

With broken plates...and...

And old and tarnished flatware...of course...

This hydrangea is awakening from a long Winter's nap...

It has slumbered in this rusty and wonderful cart since last Fall...

You too would be a happy hydrangea if this delightfully patina~ed cart was your home...

I love a good wheel...and if it is rusted...well then I want to marry it...

And new in my Etsy shop....POPPIES...

Yep, it's true love...


Poppies...

Pansies...

Burlap...

White Broadcloth Ruffles...

Sunshine...

&

Rusty, Rusty Patina.

You gotta be kidding me...I need nothing else in this moment to make me happy.

Have a wonderful afternoon...and enjoy a moment to stop and smell the flowers.

Smiles ~ Ramona

5 comments:

Darlene said...

Morning Ramona,

Glad you got some sun. Yesterday it was gorgeous here. Hit a high of about 84 with sunshine. BEAUTIFUL! The concert was FABULOUS! I'll post about it next week sometime but it was so much fun with Lexi. She loved it and so did I.

Your yellow pansies look so fresh and pretty and I LOVE that cart. It looks just perfect for the hydrangea. My hydrangeas are waking up too with beautiful green foliage all over them...YAY...they made it. I was worried since I planted them so late in the summer last year.

Lexi is getting to play hookey today since (with construction going on in the OKC area) we didn't get home until about 1:20 a.m. She is still sleeping away. Hope you have a great day.♥

Diva Kreszl said...

oh how I love pansies! using broken pottery and old silverwear against the delicate blossoms is just brilliant:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Ramona,

Love your poppy pillows . . too cute!

Stephanie said...

I love the new items in your shop! They are so adorable! You are so creative mama!!! XOXO