Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December Peace




I have decided and will repeat these simple words when the self inflicted crazy coo~coo~ness  of this month start to fill my days....December Peace.  I will remember the precious gifts that last forever and fill our hearts like none other...

For me, they include ~

the gleeful excitement of our young daughter...the posibility of snow...our Son home from the front lines of a scary war...my precious children...opportunities to be of service...a radio station that plays Christmas music all month...the smell of our recently gleaned pine tree...holiday wishes from a stranger...grocery bags printed with holiday greetings...Starbuck's Chrismas cups...duh!...a warm house...a pantry that has plenty....having plenty to share with others...a grateful heart ~it is the best feeling around!...a family that I love bunches and lots...friends ~ true friends, good friends...

But most of all...I will remember that this month has many opportunities to be 
grateful...grace~filled...and choose PEACE.

Smiles ~ Ramona

5 comments:

vintage girl at heart said...

I was thinking of you this morning and wondering how you are!
This post could not have said it better!!
Now if the people commercializing Christmas and knocking others down for electronics..would read your message and Be Thankful the world would be such a PEACEful place!!
Blessings Sweet Ramona~

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I am going to try and do the same thing!! Take a breath and remember the "Reason" for the Season!

Hope yours is Peace-filled :)

Lou Cinda

Stacey said...

Happy New Year Ramona!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ramona! I've missed you! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and rang in the new year with a bang!
Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Seattle Homes said...

Happy New Year Ramona. I'll try to do this too.